First United Methodist Church of Oviedo
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Open hearts, Open minds, Open doors
To Make Disciples for Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.
God's Vision for FUMCO:
Every person to become a follower of Jesus, loving God and others.
Values are those traits that we want to see visibly present in every area of ministry at FUMCO. We hope that every person whom we encounter will be touched by our commitment to these non-negotiables.
1. We are a Christ-Centered church.
Acts 4:12: “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
2. We strive for authentic relationships loving as God loves understanding we are all children of God.
John 15:17: “This is my command: Love each other.”
3. We are passionate about making the gospel relevant and real.
John 12:21b: “Sir," they said, "we would like to see Jesus.”
4. We worship to honor and glorify God through our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
Acts 2:42-47: “They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
5. We are committed to teaching and studying the Bible which is God’s standard for Truth.
2 Tim. 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
6. We value hospitality and welcome all into fellowship and communion.
Rom. 12:13: “Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.”
7. We are committed to walking with people through life’s experiences.
Rom. 12:15: “Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.”
8. We are committed to personal spiritual growth to become disciples for Christ.
Rom. 12:1-2 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
9. We create environments where each may be transformed into mature disciples of Christ capable of discipling and teaching others.
Matthew 28:19-20: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
10. We value diverse people who are united in Christ, working together for the kingdom of God.
Galatians 3:28: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
11. We participate in mission outreach to people throughout the world.
Acts 1:8: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Click here for more information on
"Who We Are and What We Are All About."